Solar Attic Ventilation
What is a solar attic fan?
A solar attic fan is a simple and environmentally sensible solution that can save you money. Powered completely by free solar energy, our solar attic fans are compact and quiet. Fans reduce heat build-up in your attic and can minimize the load on your HVAC system. Our models require no electrical wiring, structural changes, or costly building permits.
How does it work?
The key to proper attic ventilation is to create continuous air circulation throughout the attic space while preventing moisture from entering. Passive vents have been a part of building codes for years. Unfortunately, these conventional venting systems rely on the whims of nature to provide sufficient air pressure and air movement to operate effectively. This means that the majority of the time your attic is stagnant and continues to build up heat and moisture.
In comparison, a solar attic fan uses a compact photovoltaic (PV) panel to power the fan, ensuring that ventilation occurs at all times. A single 10-watt unit can fully vent up to 1,200 square feet. Place it wherever you need improved circulation; attics, lofts, workshops, storage sheds, garages, even barns.
Solar attic fans protect your property all year long.
Attic venting is an important aspect of maintaining a healthy, energy efficient environment. A solar attic fan:
- cools your roof, extending the life of roofing materials;
- keeps the indoor temperature comfortable, reducing the load on your air conditioning system;
- lowers your utility bills;
- reduces moisture build-up, thereby reducing rust, rot, and buildup of harmful bacteria and mold;
- equalizes interior and exterior attic temperatures, preventing leaks and structural deterioration caused by ice buildup on your roof;
- qualifies for state and federal tax credits.
Gem State Solar offers solar attic fans in 4 different sizes to meet the ventilation needs of your home or commercial property. We are happy to help you determine the best model for your specific application. Contact us for more details.