60W Natural Light Solar Attic Fan
Powered completely by free solar energy, our solar attic fans are compact and quiet. Fans reduce heat buildup in your attic and minimize the load on your HVAC system. Our models require no electrical wiring, structural changes, or costly building permits. Perfect for any space that needs improved air circulation: attics, lofts, workshops, storage sheds, garages, even barns. Our 50-watt unit vents up to 3,100 square feet.
Attic Ventilation: A Simple Solution to Common Problems
Attic ventilation is the key to maintaining a healthy, energy-efficient home or office. Proper venting extends the life of your roof and reduces the load on your air conditioning system. Solar attic fans also reduce the moisture buildup that causes rust, rot and the growth of mold and mildew.
Stay Cool & Comfortable
During the summer months, the temperature of your attic can exceed 160°F. Even well-insulated attics can transfer a significant amount of heat to adjacent living spaces, placing a tremendous burden on your HVAC system and driving up your cooling costs.
Our solar attic fans reduce attic temperatures by up to 50°F. As this excess heat is exhausted, your air conditioner doesn’t need to work as hard to keep your home or office cool and comfortable.
Property Protection All Year Long
A solar attic fan makes sure your roof and framing withstand the elements. Proper ventilation:
- cools your roofing materials during the summer;
- removes moisture year-round to prevent rust and rot;
- equalizes temperature differentials that contribute to leaks and structural damage caused by ice buildup on your roof.
Did You Know?
Asphalt shingle warranties require proper attic ventilation.
Choosing the Right Solar Attic Fan for Your Home or Office
The charts below approximate the number of attic fans needed for proper ventilation, as determined by attic size and roof pitch. Please note that the following variables also impact the specifics of any given installation: vaulted ceilings, existing static venting (soffit, ridge, gable), attic shape, obstructions. Our installation experts are happy to help you determine the correct size and number of units needed for your home or office.
Better by Design
- maximize the solar panel's exposure to the sun;
- minimize backpressure of exhaust gases;
- minimize the ambient temperature of the solar panel to avoid declines in power output due to temperature increases;
- adapt to any location, roof type, or environment;
- withstand the elements and the test of time.
Plus, our solar attic fan qualifies for state and federal tax credits.